Friday, July 6, 2012

Hybrid Vigor - My First Feature Film

That's right. I've just became a producer on my first feature film. It's called "Hybrid Vigor". It will be directed by Brandon Fowler. (right)

I know it seems unlikely that I could be a movie producer considering I make on the low side of middle-class income. If you don't believe me then just wait until the movie comes out. I'll be on the movie poster and in the end credits.

For $1.00, you can be a producer too.

Kickstarter has been mentioned before on this blog. It's an online platform for donations. All you need to get started is a good idea. It's not just for films, but any project that needs funding. The project starters usually offer perks that increase with your donation. At the $5 level you get to be part of Hybrid Vigor's mosaic movie poster and have your name in the end credits. If you have a little more change to spare, you can get some one-of-a-kind souvenirs from the film or even a walk-on appearance. If you have a lot of change to spare then you can have your company's logo listed in the end credits. Any tier you choose will include the perks from every tier below. It's a pretty awesome system.


DustyOnMovies has chosen to sponsor "Hybrid Vigor" for several reasons. Judging from the screenshots, this will be a good looking film. I also like the director's background story. His first film was stolen. He did eventually recover the negatives, but the sound is lost forever. He spent a lot of time on a promising film just to see his hard work go up in flames. I'd like to see him get some redemption with Hybrid Vigor.


The base level donation for this fundraiser is $1.00. For that you get your photo on their mosaic poster, an @ mention on twitter and your name featured on their website. You'll also get a downloadable version of the poster. That's a pretty sweet deal. Especially if you're looking to build your twitter following. The management team for the campaign will send you regular email updates on the movie's progress.

When you pledge money to the film it's not drafted from your credit card immediately. You are only charged on the campaign's goal date. If they haven't met their goal by that date, you are not charged. The date for "Hybrid Vigor" is July 26th 2012. They've raised $13,225 as of this post and their goal is $50,000.

I plan on updating my readers on the project when I get them via email. I also hope to secure an interview with some of the folks involved in the project. If I'm really lucky, they'll be nice enough to send me a screener when post-processing is completed. Here's hoping.

The best way to learn more about the film is from the filmmakers themselves. The video below explains the project and gives you some teaser footage from the beautiful locations in eastern Europe.




No comments:

Post a Comment