Thursday, August 2, 2012

Winnebago Man - A Post Script

This is a follow up to my review of "Winnebago Man", the 2009 film is part of my quirky documentary series.

There is only one other famous person I know of with the last name of Rebney. That would be Bjorn Rebney, the CEO of Bellator Fighting Championships. It's a MMA organization of which I'm a huge fan. After viewing Jack's IMDB profile I saw that he is Bjorn's dad. I immediately assumed this was a prank due to the wiki-style editing IMDB. It's not. Multiple sources confirm that Jack is Bjorn's dad. Bjorn actually spoke to journalist Ariel Helwani about his father as seen in the video below. Jack must have done something right to have such a successful son. The video was posted on April 12th, 2012 and Bjorn confirms his father is still alive and doing well. The proximity to April 1st raises suspicions in my mind about the whole interview.




Q-TV posted a great interview with Jack Rebney and director Ben Steinbauer on YouTube. He's an articulate man and the interviewer asks some great questions.




Q-TV posted a follow-up with Jack where he does a station identification. It's hilarious.


Here's a video of Jack's son, Bjorn Rebney, talking about his dad and the famous viral video to MMA journalist Ariel Helwani.

1 comment: